Intent and objectives
As an Australian based company, WWS recognises the importance of having systems and facilities to support and sustain excellence in education and research.
Worldwide Services is committed to providing a healthy, safe and secure environment; one which enhances the experience for students and allows staff in academic and service areas to work actively and creatively without risk of injury or illness.
The objective of this policy is to:
- prevent injury or illness in the workplace,
- ensure compliance with regulatory requirements,
- provide a crime free environment without threat or fear,
- continually improve the standard of health, safety and personal security within the workplace,
This policy applies to all staff, contractors and visitors as well as all owned buildings, leased or hired building space, structures, external areas and vehicles.
The Company is committed to providing and maintaining a high standard of health, safety, security and well-being for all people within the workplace. This commitment will be achieved through :
- Strong leadership where responsibilities for health, safety and security are clearly defined throughout all divisions.
- The integration of health, safety and security planning, monitoring and reporting into management structures;
- systems that ensure the identification and control of workplace hazards and compliance with regulatory requirements;
- the provision of information, instruction, training and supervision that will allow all staff to perform their work in as safe a manner as possible;
- the provision of advice and information which aims to protect the personal safety of staff and the safety of WWS and personal property;
- support for those whose health has been affected by the workplace;
- adequate systems and resources to manage potential emergency situations and testing and review of such systems on a regular basis
All persons who have a responsibility for the management of others are accountable for the health, safety and security standards of the work environment and for the health, safety and security of all staff, contractors and visitors under their control.
However, health, safety and security are shared responsibilities and all members of the company must co-operate to ensure a high standard of health, safety and security is maintained for all people within the workplace.
‘The Company prohibits smoking at all times in the premises, within three metres of building entrances and vehicles. If breached, disciplinary action may be taken against the staff member’